An action zombie apocalypse film, loosely based on the popular video game series. It is the sequel to Resident Evil: After Life, which I also worked on.
Director: Paul W.S. Anderson
Starring: Milla Jovovich, Sienna Guillory, Michelle Rodriguez
Release Date: 14 September 2012
Box Office Earnings: $240,159,255
As CG Lead for the project, I was responsible for the following:
- Conducted lighting and shading look development on tentacles coming out of zombies mouths.
- Designed animation and projection technique to realistically have the mandibles move through the zombies throat and exit its mouth.
- Led animation and lighting team through the sequence of tentacle shots.
- Animated axe flying from her hands and through the camera in stereo space.
- Quality checked all stages of production, including tracking, match moving, stereoscopy, animation, lighting and compositing.
- Coordinated teams, designed work flows and taught techniques to artists.